U.S. and Canada data
- NY Empire State Industrial Activity Index (September) in the USA, fact 2.00, forecast 4.00.
- Volume of foreign investment in securities of Canada (July), fact of -1.17V, previous value -3.98V.
General dynamics of the market remains restrained, which is associated with an increase in negative sentiment to exacerbate tensions in the Middle East. Against the backdrop of a rapid increase in oil prices on fears of lower supply, risks escalated, which, in the first place, supported the US dollar.
The US dollar index strengthened significantly against a basket of major competitors during the day. As a result, it stepped back from the last Friday lows and tested a significant resistance of 98.50, finding himself in a noticeable overbought, but confirming the formation of an upward reversal.
Fig. US dollar index chart. Current price – 98.40 (10-year US government bonds yield – blue line)
Read also: “A new front opens in the trade war”
Earn with the help of the trade service on the news Erste News!
Topical articles of the trader’s blog:
- Gold forms a reversal. Correction before the resumption of growth
- Oil market: does it form a reversal or maintain lateral dynamics
- The British pound is growing on Johnson’s failures
Current Investment ideas: